i was born and bred in a small island town of araceli, palawan (philippines) the erstwhile paradise (or do memories count?). grew up on fishing which i began when i was six years old (other boys there start fishing at age four). loved the town and love it still, despite its shortcomings and longgoings. life there is still idyllic, if you love the sea and all its challenges, but living there is another matter altogether. makes me want to stay there forever once in a while. (you know what i mean.)
so please bear with me if i digress once in a while in my thoughts and writings. the colors of memories are not always the same….
1 Comment »
Leave a Reply
- citibank credit card woes
- requiem for a beloved mother and president
- for my father, on FATHER’S DAY
- The Real Story Behind Araceli’s Name
- I Should Have Taken my Father Fishing
- My First Fish
- My Earliest Attempts at Fishing
- thoughts via a fishing vacation
- PCSD under DENR? Oh no!
- mining-bashing in palawan
- exxon in sulu sea
- Hello world!